Family Engagement Policy
MISSION STATEMENT: The Everett Public Schools is dedicated to providing every child with high quality education. We foster respect for cultural and human differences within our school community. The Title I Program encourages parents and guardians to become involved in their children's education. We are committed to developing a partnership between home and school so that our goal to ensure that all children become successful lifelong learners can be achieved.
Family involvement is an essential component, for improved and sustainable academic achievement. The Everett Public Schools encourages all families to:
- Become aware of what your child is learning
- Ask questions about your child's progress and performance
- Support your child in his/her education
The Parlin School offers various ways in which families can become involved in their children's school experiences:
- Literacy Coffee Hours
- The Walking School Bus, Spring
- Fall Family Festival
- Spring Family Cookout
- Scholastic Book Fair, Fall and Spring
- Holiday Concert
- Polar Express Event December
Parent Teacher Conferences
- First Quarter Conferences, 11/ 14 / 19, 6-8 p.m.
- Second Quarter Confe rences , 1/30/2 0, 6-8 p.m.
- Third Quarter Conferences, 3/26/20, 6-8 p.m.
- 9/28/19, 1:30 p.m.
- 10/29/19, 1:30 p.m.
- 11l/26/19,1:30 p.m.
- 12/17/19, 1:30 p.m.
- 1/28/20, 1:30 p.m.
- 2/25/20, 1:30 p.m.
- 3/24/20, 1:30 p.m.
- 4/28/20, 1:30 p.m.
- 5/26/20, 1:30 p.m.
- 6/9/20, 1:30 p.m.
- Fall Festival, October
- Polar Express Event, December
- Egg Hunt, April
- Family Cookout, May